The Bruce-Grey-Owen Sound (BGOS) riding stretches from Tobermory to Wiarton to Owen Sound in the north to Hanover, Durham and Markdale and the outskirts of Mount Forest in the south. It includes Meaford and Thornbury to the east and Paisley and Chesley to the west. It is a largely rural riding comprising of a little over 100,000 individuals of whom approximately 80,000 are eligible to vote.
The Green Commitment
- The Green Party is a values-based party. Strong ethical values and our green values of Ecological Wisdom, Social Justice Participatory Democracy, Non-Violence, Sustainability and Respect for Diversity guide our behaviour and our place in public debate, and we take them very seriously. We do not condone or tolerate discourse of even a potentially hateful, violent or disrespectful nature.
- We are a full spectrum party with a particular strength in environmental issues.
- We believe in parliamentary evolution and reform. Canadians expect parliamentarians to govern for all Canadians.
- We will maintain a healthy balance between being in continuous election politics and being an effective, contributing and active force in the political issues of the day.
- We will be a strong and engaged part of the Canadian polity.